Westernkind Games News
Oct 8th, 2020
- Several bug fixes to underlying yarnspinner code.
- Removed some commands and added some commands. See "make your own" page for details.
Sep 23nd, 2020
- Added inputnumber command which makes it possible for the player to input a number that is then stored in a variable.
Sep 22nd, 2020
- Added setdate and adddays commands for using and manipulating dates.
Sep 21st, 2020
- Fixed a few layout issues for small screen devices.
- Added the inputrange command.
- Fixed bug preventing commands from using variables as arguments.
- Fixed bug preventing assignments from using variables.
- Fixed bug preventing use of commands with comma separated arguments inside parenthesis.
Sep 17th, 2020
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the fx graphics from showing in Chrome.
Sep 2nd, 2020
- Expanded authentication and authorization system. It is now possible to restrict access to different parts of the website based on what groups a user belongs to. Being a registered user is not required for playing the game.
- Improved fireworks graphics and applause when player's end score is over 50 points.
- New commands added to the engine for configuring how actions and responses appear.
- Added documentation of the Roll Your Own (RYO) dice rolling system.
- Updated graphics on several pages and revamped menus.
Aug 18th, 2020
- Added documentation of the Story Game Engine for those that are working on their own user submissions.
- Added new comical user submission titled "Salesman".
Aug 15th, 2020
- Login via twitter now working.
- User accounts added with support to login via google.
- Why have user accounts? The game is currently very simple and there is no need for saving and loading the player's progress, but this will not always be the case. The plan is to create a full campaign, where the player creates a character and is able to continue the game where they left off. We also plan to track a user's progress through the lessons that will be available here. Who knows exactly what is in store for the game and how large it will grow, but maybe someday you will be able to interact with other players in the game, like an MMO.